A) Participants are expected to conduct themselves in a sportsmanlike manner and must:
- Abide by rules of play;
- Treat opponents and teammates with kindness and courtesy;
- Never lose sight of the fact that it is a game and the GWB league is designed primarily for enjoyment;
- Win and lose with dignity and respect;
- Play with finesse, not force.
B) Unsportsmanlike conduct will not be tolerated. A person who is not demonstrating sportsmanship is one who is unfair, lacks generosity, and is a poor loser. Examples of unsportsmanlike conduct which are unacceptable are:
- Employing unnecessarily rough tactics against an opposing player;
- Persistently questioning officials in regard to their decisions;
- Making derogatory remarks to any players, scorekeepers or to officials;
- Refusing to abide by an official’s decision;
- Shoving, striking, or otherwise threatening participants and/or officials.
C) Violations to the Code of Conduct may be penalized:
- Warnings may be issued and the individual must take corrective action following the warning.
- As a result of serious, intentional violations the individual may suspended from play for a designated period of time.
- Depending on the severity, an incident may result in full suspension from the league.
- Any ejections/cases related to acts of violence or assault may also involve the filing of a police report.
D) Other Items
Playing under the influence of drugs or alcohol is strictly prohibited.
Participants will inform their captain ASAP if they cannot attend a scheduled game.